Friday, July 06, 2007

My class 4 mentor is........

Kevin Koch (pronounced "Cook") Here's what he wrote about himself:

"I gave up neuroscience and doctoring to become an animator (and guess what -- brain surgery is actually easier than character animation), and I've been doing it professionally for the last 11 years. I started at Warner Bros. on "Quest for Camelot" (hey, I don't care if you knock it -- I worked on the good parts). Then I went to DreamWorks and worked on all the hand-drawn films ("Prince of Egypt" to "Sinbad"), clawing my way from the clean-up department to the animation department on "Spirit." I transitioned to CG for "Shrek 2" and then "Madagascar" and "Over the Hedge" before getting itchy feet. I'm currently working on an independent feature, "Terra," for MeniThings Productions/Snoot Entertainment, and I'm developing an animated feature for Snoot. I'm also the president of the Animation Guild, local 839 of the IATSE. "

I'm lookin forward to learning more but am quite intmidated. He told us that this is the hardest class....this is where it's all suppose to come together. I think I'm in trouble. I'm just gonna do my best and hopefully I have what it takes. Anyways, gotta get to work blockin this out......good ol animatin...gotta love it!!! Woo-hoo!!! Till next post....PEACE!!!


1 Comments:

Blogger 1 said...

Hello,

I have to take a moment and tell you how much of a inspiration your blog is to me. You have accomplished something I only dream about. It is always nice to see someone succeeding in doing what they love. Keep posting and remember you don’t ever have to grow up in Neverland.

Sincerely,
Heather Kilber

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home